A healthy, nutritious homemade coconut and pear dog treat recipe that is grain free and egg free, making it ideal for dogs with allergies or food sensitivities!
Coconut flour is grain and gluten free and is a healthy, low carbohydrate alternative to bleached grain flour. Coconut flour is especially good for helping to improve the skin and coat. Coconut oil is a healthy, easily digestible oil that helps improve the skin and coat condition! Raw, local honey is also great for dogs with allergies and adds a healthy sweetness to the treat!
Lastly, this recipe uses pear puree (or baby food) as a main flavor ingredient and is sure to satisfy your dogs!
This recipe creates a moist, soft cookie. Due to the nature of the coconut flour, this specific recipe is not ideal for rolling out and cutting into shapes. You can treat these as drop cookies or simple roll them into small balls!
Due to a lack of preservatives in this recipe, these cookies will need to be stored in the refrigerator and can also be frozen!
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1/2 cup of pear puree or pear baby food
- 1 tablespoon of raw, local honey
- 2 tablespoons of virgin, unrefined coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine ingredients, mix thoroughly.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into small balls, place on parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.